Thursday, June 19, 2008

Meet the P-lotty

Greetings and salutations. Some of you may remember me from my previous gig as a weak attempt as the minor league blogger for the Royals at mvn.com. However, extreme time constraints forced me away from that job, as I had too much on my plate to digest. (To Mr. Clark...you are doing a much better job than what I had time for. Keep it up.)

Anyways, some quick information about myself. My name is Matt, and I live in Bellevue, NE. I currently am married to the wonder of my world, Courtney. We have three dogs, all beagles, and we consider them as our kids. My hobbies include sports (duh), working out, video games (nerd) and breathing everything that is Royals baseball.

I currently am in school, attending Western Governors University in Salt Lake City, Utah. WGU is a completely online institution that is accredited by several national organizations, including NCATE (National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education). I am currently pursuing a Secondary Social Studies degree. Additionally, I hold a Physical Education degree from Peru State College. From that degree I hold down several education positions: as a substitute teacher for several school districts in the Omaha area, and coach MS FB and WR for the middle schools for Bellevue Public Schools. On top of that, I am a tutor at Sylvan Learning Center in Bellevue. Teaching is one of the greatest professions one can be involved in. When a child gets that "Ahhhh" look on its face, realizing it has learned a new skill, it's the most rewarding visual I receive.

My Royal brother hood was born when I hatched from my egg. I even came out wearing powder blue, baby. As I evolved into a Royal super fan without much memorabilia to prove it, I became more interested in just baseball itself as a game. It is mesmerizing that someone is considered great when that someone messes up 7 times out of 10. For you true baseball folk, you know what I mean. For those that don't...my little snippet means that in order to be considered a great hitter, you need to bat .300. Crazy.

From time to time I'll be checking in with my personal thoughts and feelings on the Royals. And grape soda. Maybe a word or two on my other love, Husker football.

No comments: