Monday, April 5, 2010

The 2010 Westport Stingers

I created my Fantasy League, Royals Nation Fantasy Baseball, in 2007, to shed light on some active posters on my now essentially defunct (though still oddly viewable) message board/blog Royals Nation. Although my team has tanked for three consecutive years (that's embellishing a bit, admittedly, but I've yet to finish .500), it's been a sight to see how the league has morphed over the few years. It began - and remains - as a head-to-head fantasy league where 15-17 statistics or categories are judged. I hand out several trophies for deserving winners on months and weeks end.

Either way, here is my Fantasy Team, the Westport Stingers, for 2010. (Keep in mind that the starting lineup is set for Monday, so it might not mirror a "typical" starting nine). It might give you some perspective to note that this is a 20-team deep mixed league with 25-man rosters (and up to 4 DL spots).

C - Jeff Clement
1B - Nick Johnson
2B - Kelly Johnson
3B - Kevin Youkilis
SS - Troy Tulowitzki
OF - Justin Upton
OF - Matt Kemp
OF - Jay Bruce
UT - Melky Cabrera
Ben - Jason Bartlett
Ben - Brendan Ryan
Ben - Justin Smoak (Inactive)
Ben - Nate Schierholtz
Ben - Nick Punto
Ben - Andruw Jones
Ben - Willie Ballgame Bloomquist
DL - Freddy Sanchez

P - Mike Gonzalez
SP - Adam Wainwright
SP - Tim Lincecum
SP - Shaun Marcum
SP - Nick Blackburn
SP - Anibal Sanchez
RP - Mariano Rivera
RP - Billy Wagner
Ben - Oliver Perez
DL - Erik Bedard
DL - Brad Bergesen
DL - Jeff Francis


I think I finally have some nice balance of speed and power in my starting lineup and I have some nice versatility on the bench. With Bedard on the Disabled List until likely June, I need a third starter to really step up and deliver Fantasy-wise. I have a couple rehabilitation projects that I'm borderline relying on in Anibal Sanchez and Shaun Marcum. I like that I have three closers, one occupying the general pitchers' role.

Anyway, 5-7 fellow RN Fantasyites will probably view this entry sometime within the next few days, so biases or trash talk might follow!

No comments: